Last Updated: March 1, 2021
1. Information We Collect
- 1. Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our Services and to protect your account.
- 2. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- i. Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This information may include, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as name, email, date of birth, profile owner, user’s photo, and video, location, height, LinkedIn address, Instagram address, Twitter address, education, ethnicity, religion, area of interest, professional skills, friendship and relationship, and all information and materials as we may deem necessary for the provision of Services. Users may also be required to give permission to the App to have access to a camera to take pictures and record videos, access photos, media, files, and location on their device. Other data that may be collected from accounts/profiles of the Users include without limitation; the number of likes received by a User; Comments on Posts; Reported, Blocked or Shared profiles; details of Users who Like another User; the number of followers of a User; details of other users to whom a user follows; details of a User who follows another User or visit another user’s profile; and the number of profile visits by each User.
- ii. Communication Data may include any communication that you send to us whether that be through the Contact Form on our website or App, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, or any other communication that you send us. We process this data to communicate with you, for record-keeping, and the establishment, pursuance, or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records, and to establish, pursue, or defend legal claims.
- iii. Marketing Data may include data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- iv. We may use Personal Data, Communication Data and Marketing Data (the “Data”) to provide you with Services. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you.
2. Consent and its Withdrawal
- 2. We will process the Data only after taking written instructions/consent from you mostly in electronic form in the form of a Clickable button, a checkbox or through an email.
- 3. If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and deleting your profile on the App.
3. Promotional Emails
- 1. You agree that the App and/or third parties may from time to time send e-mail messages to you which offer products and services, promotions, subscriptions or registration-based services or other material. If you wish to discontinue receiving such an email, you may opt-out by writing us through email at email@example.com and editing the Notification Settings on the App. Your preferences will then be updated.
4. How We Use and Process the Data
- 1. The Data collected by us from you may be used to provide you with Services and better understand your needs related services and programs, to correspond with you and reply to your questions with about our services.
- 2. We will not rent or sell your Data to others. We may store the Data in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
- 3. If you provide any Data to us, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, or disputes;
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us;
- provide and maintain the Services;
- notify you about changes to our Services;
- 4. We shall ensure that:
- The Data collected and processed for and on our behalf by any party is collected and processed fairly and lawfully;
- You are always made fully aware of the reasons for the collection of Data and are given details of the purpose(s) for which the data will be used;
- The Data is only collected to the extent that is necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is required;
- No Data is held for any longer than necessary in light of the purpose(s) for which it is required.
- Whenever cookies or similar technologies are used online by us, they shall be used strictly in accordance with the law;
- You are informed if any data submitted by you online cannot be fully deleted at your request under normal circumstances and how to request that we delete any other copies of that data, where it is within your right to do so;
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect the Data;
- Data is transferred securely, whether it is transmitted electronically or in hard copy.
- You can fully exercise your rights with ease and without hindrance.
5. Disclosure of Data
- 1. We shall not be able to keep your Data private in response to the legal process i.e., a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement agency’s request. If, in our view, it is deemed appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law, we may be compelled to disclose the Data and Personal Data. Moreover, in case of takeover, merger or acquisition, we reserve a right to transfer your data to a new platform.
- 2. We may disclose the Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Show relevant advertisements to Users
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
- 3. When necessary, we may also disclose and transfer your Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations.
6. Data Storage
- 1. Your Data may be stored and processed at the servers in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which the App or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
- 4. Generally, most of your Data is deleted when you delete your profile. However, we may retain some of your Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal and other reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the Data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
7. How We Protect Your Information
- 1. We store all the Data submitted by you through App at a secure database.
- 2. We are concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data you transmit to or guarantee that your Data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry-standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
- 3. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our App, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4. Any Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any service providers engaged by us and third parties.
8. Compliance with the GDPR
- 1. For users based in the European Union (EU), the App shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that it complies with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of Data from European Union member countries. App shall make all reasonable efforts to adhere to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
9. The Rights of Users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Data processed by us. In particular, users based in the EU may do the following:
- 1. Right of confirmation
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed.
- 2. Right of Access
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us free information about your personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, the European directives and regulations grant you access to the following information:
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- Where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- The existence of the right to request from us rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing;
- The existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to its source;
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
Furthermore, you shall have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization. Where this is the case, you shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
- 3. Right to rectification
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- 4. Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, and we shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw consent to which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which we are subject
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR.
Where we have made personal data public and are obliged pursuant to Article 17(1) to erase the personal data, we, while taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform other controllers processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data, as far as processing is not required. We will arrange the necessary measures in individual cases.
5. Right of restriction of processing
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead of the restriction of their use instead.
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but we are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If one of the aforementioned conditions is met, and you wish to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored by us, you may at any time contact us.
6. Right to data portability
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator, to receive the personal data concerning you, which was provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You shall have the right to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from us to which the personal data have been provided, as long as the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the GDPR, or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, and the processing is carried out by automated means, as long as the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
7. Right to object
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. This also applies to profile based on these provisions.
We shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If we process personal data for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to us to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.
In addition, you have the right, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to object to the processing of personal data concerning you by us for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
8. Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affects you, as long as the decision (1) is not necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or (2) is not authorized by Union or Member State law to which we are subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or (3) is not based on your explicit consent.
If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or (2) it is based on your explicit consent, we shall implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on our part, to express your point of view and contest the decision.
9. Right to withdraw data protection consent
You shall have the right granted by the European legislator to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time. You may initiate a request with us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights. We shall review your request and, at our own discretion, honor your request, if deemed necessary by us, within reasonable time.
10. Compliance with CalOPPA
11. Compliance of California Privacy Act 2018
- 2. Your rights under the CCPA:
- Under the CCPA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we’ve collected about you during the past 12 months and information about our data practices. You also have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- To request manual access or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note, for all manual requests, you will need to verify your identity by providing us with all the information as we may require from you for this purpose.
- You have the right to be free from any discrimination for exercising your rights to access or delete your Personal Information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
- 3. If you have additional questions about this or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
- 2. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this App and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this page.
- 3. Also, occasionally there may be information on the App that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information, and the App reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
13. Contact US